Well, hey there.

I’m Kelsey DeLange: wife, mother, encourager, and the artist behind Honey and the Hive. Welcome to By Honey and the Hive, a lifestyle journal dedicated to living intentionally, crafting a beautiful life, and seeking magic in the every day.

Kelsey DeLange

Fall Flower Fields


Summer is coming to a close and fall is starting to settle here in Michigan and I couldn't be happier about it.  If you haven't heard by now, this is my absolute favorite time of year.  I love the crisp cool days, long sleeves and sweaters that you bundle up in the morning but by afternoon when the sun is shining can do without.  I love pumpkin spice, apple cider everything, taking walks through the neighborhood to see the leaves changing color, and I whole-heartedly believe that Halloween is the best holiday of all.  All I want this time of year is to be outside, so yesterday we drove out of the city and into the countryside to the cutest You-Pick flower field to soak up the incredible weather and bring some of those beautiful blooms home with us.




This was my first time here, and it was such an adorable little roadside flower field next to a family's farm.  This sweet family does this purely out of love, growing the most beautiful blooms that you can pick yourself and pay for by the stem to bring some of that gorgeous floral magic into your own homes.  Right next to the flower fields there are cows and goats that keep an eye on you as you create your arrangements and literally stop to smell the flowers.  We saw so many butterflies and bees and even spent the better half of an hour coaxing a runaway goat back into his enclosure after he decided to break free and hang out with us for a little while.


What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.  I can't wait to go back before the season is over, but for now I'm happy arranging all these beautiful blooms around our home - there is not much that makes me happier than fresh flowers in every room.


Outfit Details:

I received this adorable blouse, and super comfy distressed jeans from Shop Pink Blush - they make the most gorgeous pieces for mothers at every stage in life, maternity + post partum.  While I received this outfit as a gift, I immediately had to place an order for so much more because I was so in love (and no, this is not a sneaky pregnancy announcement, I just love their clothing!)




Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *