Well, hey there.

I’m Kelsey DeLange: wife, mother, encourager, and the artist behind Honey and the Hive. Welcome to By Honey and the Hive, a lifestyle journal dedicated to living intentionally, crafting a beautiful life, and seeking magic in the every day.

Kelsey DeLange

Our Dining Nook Reveal!


As I'm sure you've seen recently on Instagram we've been working away creating a cozy little dining nook in our home.  This has been such a fun project, mostly because it has solved the biggest pain point that I personally have with our home - its lack of a designated dining space.   Our home is a rental which means we can't very well go into full demo-mode and create a formal dining room, so we had to be really intentional with our plans for this space and this adorable dining nook was the perfect solution.  We were so fortunate to be able to partner with Overstock.com to source beautiful pieces that are so full of personality to craft this space that is absolutely perfect for us.


It truly blows my mind sometimes what strategic furniture planning can do for a space, we crafted this nook in a little corner of our home that was severely under-utilized before and now this area serves our family so well I can hardly even picture what it looked like before.  I've always been really passionate about the importance of unplugging and gathering around the table for a meal as a family - being present in the moment, chatting about our days - it's such a sacred time to me (and you know, indulging in yummy food together isn't bad either ;) ) and having a proper space in our home to create memories around the table has been really special.



I wanted this space to not only serve purpose in our lives, but to feel really comfortable and inviting - I think it's my biggest goal in life to be warm and cozy at all times and I hope for my home to embody the same feeling.  I'm obsessed with the Danish concept of Hygge which is essentially the notion of something being exceptionally charming and cozy - this was kind of my guiding inspiration throughout creating this space.  



We added shelving above the table for some fun storage and to display some of our favorite things.  I think that it really adds to the charm of this area and creates a pretty focal point within the nook, making it truly feel like a part of the home.  I've been really drawn to neutral color palettes lately, so all of the decorative elements of the space have a little bit of natural and understated beauty which I truly love.



In line with the goal of keeping this space super cozy, I wanted to add a lot of pillows into our corner benches to add a little bit of color and keep this spot feeling really inviting - I really loved getting to pick out the pillows, working with a limited palette and emphasizing texture and pattern to add personality to the space.  More often than not I find myself bringing my laptop downstairs to enjoy a cup of tea and work from this area instead of my studio - this little nook just makes me so happy!



It's been such a joy getting to work alongside Overstock.com to create this space that serves our family so well.  I absolutely love the fun and unique pieces that we found, and how much personality we were able to infuse into this space.  It's definitely my favorite spot in our home right now.


I hope that you enjoyed this little peek into our home, and seeing all of the work that went into creating this space, it's been such a fun project and we are truly in love with the final result.


All products mentioned in this post were graciously gifted by Overstock.com - thank you again for the opportunity to work together and create this special place in our home.

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *