Well, hey there.

I’m Kelsey DeLange: wife, mother, encourager, and the artist behind Honey and the Hive. Welcome to By Honey and the Hive, a lifestyle journal dedicated to living intentionally, crafting a beautiful life, and seeking magic in the every day.

Kelsey DeLange

Inside The Valentine's Day Collection

Wow, can you believe that we're finally in the last week of January?  I feel like this month drags on forever while simultaneously feeling like it's flying right by every year - anyone else with me?  January always feels like this big transitional month too.  We reflect on the year that's just passed - what worked, what didn't, and how we can improve upon it.  I've also been spending a lot of time this month re-evaluating where I am, what I'm doing, and how I can create space in my life for more balance and joy.  Throughout this entire process I've given myself a lot of grace and room to mess up which I feel like is so important when you're trying to implement a permanent change in your life.  But as we're nearing the end of the month I'm happy to report that I've made some pretty big steps forward and I feel so much happier in several areas of my life because of it.



January coming to a close also means that February is right around the corner.  I have always associated February with Valentine's Day - now I know it's a holiday that you either love or you hate, but personally I really do love Valentine's Day (and Galentine's Day, duh!)  I am and always have been really big about loving on my people any chance I can, so holidays that are totally focused on reminding people how much they mean to you are my jam.  My best friend and I always exchange a little Galentine's Day gift (even though she loves half-way across the country now - this is my favorite package to send out every year). My husband and I definitely don't go too over-the-top crazy, but we do something small and meaningful for each other which is perfect for us.  And it's become a tradition along the way that each year we buy a book with a central theme of love for our little one and get him a little candy or toy to go along with it too.  We always write a little note on the inside cover and it's been so cool as the years have passed to see the collection of books he has affirming how special and loved he is- it always makes me so happy when those are the books he reaches for at bedtime.


Valentine's Day is also my absolute favorite holiday to design for.  I love coming up with cute and creative ways to say "I love you", and getting to make art that folks are gifting to their favorite people has always really filled me up - it might just be my favorite part of my job.  The Valentine's Day collection I've put together this year is probably my favorite of all.  A few of these designs are things that I've had in my head for a while and have just been waiting for the perfect time to make them and put them out into the world. I also really wanted to include some designs that we're great for gifting not only to your lovers, but to your friends, family, kiddos, or even your favorite co-worker.  And of course, of COURSE there is a hilariously cheeky design in there that I've decided to keep a huge secret until the launch - it's goooood.  Like, really good. (You can see a small peek of it in the left corner of the next photo, but that's all you get until Monday!)



This year is special too because it is the first time I'm making Valentine's CARDS!  I've released small runs of stationery or cards in the past but I've never been totally stoked on the results.  This past Christmas season I gave it another go and released a card featuring my favorite design from the collection and it was quite literally flying off the shelves so I wanted to give cards another go with my Valentine's collection.  When making these it was so important to me to make cards that were friendly to the planet too - so the cards and envelopes are both made from 100% recycled materials.  I know that this detail may not be too exciting to some folks but when creating new products it's always so important to me to find a way to make something in the most ethical and environmentally conscious way that I can (and support other small businesses in the process!) so this was a huge win for me.  I really love being able to offer you all different ways that you can enjoy the illustrations that I make and I hope that you love these cards as much as I do.  




The entire Valentine's Day collection of prints and cards will launch at 10am EST on Monday, January 28th.  I hope that within it you find something that you absolutely adore and can't wait to share with the folks who are the most important to you!  Do you have a favorite design in the collection?  Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear what you're loving the most!

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *